Kontaktieren Sie uns:
Capital Market Panel H2/2018: Development of the German private equity market
Wiesbaden, December 07, 2018 – cometis AG, one of Germany’s leading financial communication consultancies, has today published the results of its current Capital Market Panel. The survey for the second half of 2018 focuses on developments in the German private equity market. Managers at leading investment banks in Germany were surveyed for this purpose.
Overview of the key findings:
Development of the German private equity market
- Development of the private equity investment volume: According to the surveyed experts, the volume of German private equity investments will not increase in the upcoming year. Two thirds of the respondents predict stagnation and one third even forecast a decrease in the investment volume.
- Private equity financing motives: Concerning the financing motives of private equity, the majority of the respondents (45%) expect the strongest growth for buyout transactions in the upcoming year.
- Attractive industries for private equity: Half of the respondents expect most private equity investments of the upcoming year to be in the technology and health care industries. Simultaneously the respondents predict that private equity companies will also focus on the automotive as well as the consumer goods and services industries.
- IPO candidates: The majority of experts expect that both private equity-backed companies and spin-offs of large corporations will place most IPO candidates in the upcoming year.
- Reasons for failing of private equity investments: According to the respondents the main reasons for underperforming private equity investments are low management quality as well as a lack of financial know how.
About the Capital Market Panel
Together with media partner VDI Nachrichten, cometis has been publishing the Capital Market Panel semi-annually since 2006 to analyse future capital market trends and uncover potential information deficits. Panel participants include equity capital markets issuance managers at renowned German and foreign banks. As part of this, cometis is responsible for evaluating the topics and the concept, as well as for conducting the survey.